Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Meow Motel

Do you have little kitties you would like to make a cheap and easy toy for? Then construct your very own Meow Motel. It is very inexpensive and easy to make and provides tons of fun for your little kitties.

To construct, do the following:
 1. Find a box large enough for your cat to sit in comfortably. I chose to flip it inside out so there was no lettering or advertising on the exterior walls. Then taped and stapled it back into place.
2. Then I drew windows and a door and just used a sharp knife to make the cut outs.
3. Then I used a hot glue gun to glue the fabric to the windows to make curtains.
4. Then I used construction paper to make flowers and signs for the exterior...you can do as little or as much as you see fit. I just made a motel sign, a no vacancy sign, and a sign that indicates no dogs are allowed.
5. In the inside, I tied strings to some of their favorite toys (which I put in a fresh bag of catnip to entice them to go in) and hung the toys from the ceiling.

As you can see, my first customer seems pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment