Sunday, November 7, 2010

Easy Dish Towel

Are you looking for a really quick and easy beginner sewing project? If so, this hand towel is super easy and easy to make. It took about an hour. All you need to do is get some fabric, decide what size you want your towel, make a 1/4 inch hem, sew around all four sides, then sew a little hook on the corner I just used a piece of scrap from the same fabric. I made this with some scrap fabric and will give it to my mom as they will fit into her country decor.

Remember to iron your fabric before sewing and to iron your folds for the hem too...that makes it easier to work with.

While I modified this a bit to suit my own taste, I got the idea and how-to from Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing: Patterns and How-To for 24 Fresh and Easy Projects
http://www.amazon.com/Lotta-Jansdotters-Simple-Sewing-How/dp/0811852571

The pattern called for cotton fabric; however, I'm not sure how absorbent that will be. I'll let you know once my mom uses it.

No comments:

Post a Comment