Sunday, October 31, 2010

My first sewing project

This is my first sewing project. The bag is a little longer than I like, but I was actually pretty easy. I took a beginning sewing class at Thorton Sewing Co. http://www.thorntonco.com/. The sewing instructor Edith is awesome. The pattern was hers so I can't really share it without her permission. However, there are tons of tote bag patterns out on the Internet. I'm going to try and recreate it and make it shorter and with pockets inside...when I do that, I'll post step by step how I do everything. I do recommend using home decor fabric...it is sturdier than normal cotton. I also want to add something to the bottom of the bag so it isn't so shapeless.

If you live in the Pittsburgh area and want to learn to sew, definitely go to one of Edith's classes...she is super helpful and easy to learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment